While Listener Driven Radio’s LDR.1 is built for stations who want to use listener input as a feature–perhaps several times an hour through the day, LDR.Takeover is built for entire hours or dayparts of listener control. The platform allows listeners to move songs in the playlist queue; recommend songs for airplay; receive SMS text messages, IMs, or e-mails when their favorite songs play; and dedicate songs to friends via Facebook. LDR.Takeover also has a built-in music recommendation engine to introduce listeners to new music.
Listen to how stations are using LDR.Takeover on their stations:
Interfacing directly with your station’s automation system and music scheduler, LDR.Takeover gives your audience the power to influence programming whether you are live or automated.
- Features: Deep integration with Facebook, audience moves songs up and down in the queue (within PD’s parameters), audience shares votes or dedications on Facebook, music recommendations based on listener votes, built-in instant alerts.
- LDR.1 has integration directly into your music scheduler, allowing the PD to set the exact songs that the audience can choose between during voting sessions. With LDR.Takeover, the PD can still set rules for artist separation, title separation, and sound code separation. However, the audience has more fluid control over the playlist on the air (within the music-universe and rules set by the PD).
- Built-in capabilities for mobile including iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- Integrates into station websites, so each station gets credit for uniques and page views. (no separate landing pages)
- LDR provides ready-to-use one-sheets for sales and a 15 page PDF with sales ideas and ways to sell sponsorships on the platform.
Here’s how it works on WAKS/Cleveland 96.5 Kiss-FM:
Every weekday at 3PM and 7PM Eastern, listeners take over Clear Channel’s 96.5 Kiss-FM. The station calls the feature “The Takeover,” but every LDR client is free to brand their feature however they wish. LDR.Takeover is the software that makes it possible.
The LDR platform was designed by professionals with lifetime careers in the radio business. We understand the systems you use, good programming, and the nature of the radio business.